Create a free account to unlock this article!
Already a subscriber? Log In
The first officially recognized ADCC event of 2018 is nearly here!
The ADCC USA Open goes down in Coral Springs, Florida, on Feb. 10. It's an open tournament that also features six incredible superfights.
For those interested in competing, there are four skill divisions: beginners, intermediate, advanced, and expert; anyone can register. Visit the event's official site for more information.
The Main Event: Dantas vs. Monson
Alexandre "Café" Dantas holds wins over athletes such as Marcelo Garcia, Fabricio Werdum, and Fernando "Terere" Augusto. One of jiu-jitsu’s earliest superstars, Dantas made the jump to MMA in order to pursue a more lucrative career. Recently, Café competed in a legends superfight at the UAEJJF 2017 Tokyo Grand Slam and showed everyone he’s still got skills on the mat after submitting Ricco Rodriguez.
Alexandre 'Cafe' Dantas vs. Ricco Rondriguez – 2017 Toyko Grand Slam
Dantas will face "The Snowman" Jeff Monson. Perhaps one of the most recognizable faces in MMA and jiu-jitsu, Monson is an ADCC legend and a master of the rule set. He’ll be looking to improve upon his less-than-stellar performance at ADCC Worlds back in September after losing to Joao Assis in the opening round.
See some of Jeff Monson's interesting "extracurricular" activities here.
Full List Of Superfights
- Sal Guerriero (ATT) vs. Kyle Maynard (Gracie Barra)
- Alexis Hurtado (Robson Moura BJJ) vs. Jasmine Rocha (Vagner Rocha MA/ FightSports)
- Bobby Emmons (NGSF) vs. Gesias Calvancante (Blackzilians)
- Efrain Ruiz (FightSports/ ZEN) vs. Marcelo Meleiro (Meleiro Jiu Jitsu)
- Sam McCoy (ATT) vs. Jesseeray Childrey (NGSF)
- Jeff Monson vs. Alexandre"Cafe" Dantas (Gracie Barra)