Unlock this article, live events, and more with a subscription!
Already a subscriber? Log In
Andy Murasaki knows how to perform when he’s put to the challenge. He’s now proven that in three major brackets this year. He already had a gold medal from 2020 Europeans walking into Pans.
At Pans, he won two more in amazing style. He burned through the lightweight division, submitting all four of his opponents without conceding a single point. He was equally impressive in the open-weight division. He was the lightest entrant in the bracket. He submitted his opponents in all but his final match against Mason Fowler. Fowler was the only person to score on Murasaki all day, totalling two-points.
Despite the shortened calendar, Mursasaki has had a monster year. And it isn’t over yet, He expects to enter the UAEJJF World Pro in November. With this performance, he’s made it known: Andy Murasaki the man to beat in the brown belt lightweight division.
Watch Andy Murasaki's Road To Double Gold
- QUALIFIER: Andy Murasaki vs Cesar Barbosa Predes Junior
- QUARTER-FINAL: Andy Murasaki vs Gerson Alef Da Silva Oliveira
- SEMIFINAL: Andy Murasaki vs Eduardo Roque
- FINAL: Andy Murasaki vs Igor Nascimento Da Costa Feliz
- QUARTER-FINAL: Andy Murasaki vs Austin Oranday
- SEMIFINAL: Andy Murasaki vs Renan Cruz
- FINAL: Andy Murasaki vs Mason Fowler