Chasing Greatness: Forging Mental Fortitude With 2x ADCC Champ JT Torres
Welcome back to another edition of Chasing Greatness!
This episode features 2x ADCC Champion and American Jiu-Jitsu legend JT Torres! We take a deep dive into JT's most recent ADCC performance, his history with jiu-jitsu, wrestling, and how all of his mentors have contributed to his athletic success.
Current Affairs: ADCC
- The Pressure of being the returning champ? Comforting and worse than being hungry?
- fourth or fifth ADCC - How has your strategy developed over the years
- Thoughts on the venue, being in the united states, ect.
Jiu-Jitsu vs Wrestling
- Any interest in competing in a modified ruleset?
- is it a worthwhile discussion?
- does jiu-jitsu ignore the benefits?
What have the four main instructors in your life impacted you with?
- Louis Vintaloro
- Jared Weiner
- Lloyd Irvin
- Andre Galvao
The Role Of Off-The-Mat Study
Opening a School & Finding Balance Competition Training
The Highs and Lows of Being A Professional Jiu-Jitsu Player
Upcoming plans For 2020?
- If you could change one rule in jiu-jitsu, what would it be?
- Most memorable match (good or bad)
- What advice would you give your first-year black belt self
- Which single person has impacted your game the most