The Submission Hunters Who Ruled No-Gi Pans | Grappling Bulletin (Ep. 15)
Some champions were ruthless in their pursuit of victory, catching nothing but submission at the 2021 IBJJF No-Gi Pans. Others were more content with barely doing enough to win gold. In this edition of the Grappling Bulletin we discuss the biggest winners from the 2021 IBJJF Pan No-Gi Championship, and we highlight a destructive and disappointing trend that is starting to affect the no-gi competition scene.
1. Notable Results from No-Gi Pans – 2:52
- Elisabeth Clay is a submission machine!
- Performance of the week: Diego “Pato” Oliveira's four subs in four matches
- Mayssa Bastos’s incredible comeback vs Jessa Khan
- Lucas “Hulk” Barbosa loses heavyweight final, gets redemption in the absolute
- Victor Hugo wins gold, but ends up in the hospital
- No-Gi Pans fastest submission? Andrew Alexander of 10th Planet
2. Mica Galvao is the real deal – 28:22
- Four matches, three submissions for Micael Galvao
3. Oliver Taza’s DQ Explained – 35:27
- The reason Oliver Taza was disqualified at No-Gi Pans
4. The Problem With Anti Jiu-Jitsu – 40:08
- As exciting as the Pan No-Gi Championship was, some matches and divisions were marred by the ugliness of what we call anti jiu-jitsu.
5. Upcoming Events – 53:10
- WNO: Gordon Ryan vs Luiz Panza