After turning heads with their recent event featuring a main event between ADCC champ Gordon Ryan and wrestling's top dog Bo Nickal, Third Coast Grappling returns on March 14 with another stacked card.
“The King” Gordon Ryan returns to the 3rd Coast stage in a rematch from the 2018 IBJJF World No-Gi championship against the very tough Patrick Gaudio.
Gordon won the very tight match via advantage in the final seconds of their first encounter and immediately following revealed how furious he was as he was unable to submit the GF Team veteran.
In the co-main event, ADCC standout Nick Rodriguez makes his debut at 3rd Coast Grappling in a rematch from a special exhibition match with wrestling’s bad boy, Pat Downey. The two faced off at FloWrestling Who’s #1 in October shortly after ADCC, where Downey walked away with the win via tech fall.
WATCH: Nick Rodriguez vs Pat Downey
The rematch will be utilizing the Hybrid rule set as used in the Gordon Ryan-Bo Nickal matchup but with some variations that include a 15-minute match time and the following variations:
- One point will be awarded for the following
- Takedown with three seconds of control on the ground
- Back control with hooks
- First to five points wins
- No reaping, heel hooks, scissor takedown allowed.
And if the main and co-main event was not enough, 3rd Coast has booked an absolutely STACKED undercard:
- JT Torres vs Lucas Valente
- Talita Alencar vs Danielle Kelly
- Edwin Najmi vs Tommy Langaker
- Ethan Crelenstein vs Geo Martinez
- Servio Tulio vs Oliver Taza
- Vagner Rocha vs Mike Perez
- And a whole line up featuring some of Houston's top local talent…
It all takes place in Houston, TX on March 14. Find out more...